I have to give props to EA on this one. They’ve taken actual U.S servicemen, spent what could only be described as millions on Medal Of Honor, a reboot of the entire franchise, and what have they come up with? Well, let’s go over the recipe for instant gaming success:
- Produce a game that sparks controversy (i.e saying “Taliban” in the multiplayer, then changed to Opposing Forces)
- Make the game as realistic (yet fun) as possible.
- Make it fun. And add a tint of adrenaline.
- Release an open beta more than a week before release to get your scores and buying decisions made up.
- Invent an awesome cast of characters; especially one with a super beard and Oakley sunglasses.
According to DICE, if this doesn’t work, they might not be able to make another Medal Of Honor. I think it will work; as of now it is the most pre-ordered title in the entire franchise.