Starting November 6th (the release date), Halo 4‘s Spartan Ops co-op missions will be episodic, giving players a new mission and cinematic back story every week as they progress through the game’s multiplayer offerings — which is fantastic within itself. As for the “War Games” mode, it will allow players to participate in standard competitive matches, while “Spartan Ops” will tell the tale of the Majestic Squad that serves aboard the UNSC Infinity freighter through weekly, single player or four-player co-op missions, which is were the Squad is located.
As for the Halo 4 limited edition which will retail for $99, it was detailed in a press release earlier today:
- Free access to nine additional competitive “War Games” DLC map packs scheduled for post-launch.
- Early access to six Specializations, which players can use to custom tailor their character and unlock new customization options.
- A USNC Infinity Briefing Packet, which includes concept art in the form of schematics for Spartan armor, as well as Blueprints for the Infinity, the freighter upon which the game’s entire multiplayer experience takes place.
- Unique skins for your Spartan-IV armor and Assault Rifle, and an exclusive in-game emblem
- Props and armor for your Xbox Live Avatar
- An extended, 90-minute version of the “Forward Unto Dawn” live action series, complete with bonus videos and featurettes about its creation. The series will also be available online starting in October.
Very promising. And hopefully we’re looking at a game of the year, starring Master Chief.