A handy chart whipped up in Photoshop by Motorola and leaked by Droid-Life compares the DROID 2 Global to the iPhone 4 and the two other big Androids on Verizon: the Samsung Fascinate and DROID Incredible. First off, the Droid 2 Global contains that meaty 1.2 GHz processor, comes in “Dark Sapphire” or “Winter White” and still has the same 3.7-inch, 854 x 480-pixel touchscreen display. Other features include Android 2.2, Dual Band CDMA, Quad Band GSM and Tri Band UMTS for usage almost anywhere in the world with the right SIM card.
And here’s some more specs:
• Remote wipe of device and SD card
• Document editing with QuickOffice
• Inbox filtering
• Invite attendees to meetings using GAL
• Free/busy lookups for meeting participants
• 5-megapixel camera with dual-LED flash
• Dual-band CDMA and quad-band GSM
• Physical keyboard and virtual Swype keyboard
• 8GB internal memory plus 8GB pre-installed SD card
• Android 2.2
• 3 UI profiles
• 3G mobile hotspot capability
• Flash 10.1
And still we’ll need a release date and price; those details are missing Verizon and we all want them soon.