In an attempt to diversify (in an industry where it has already gained immense stature), Big Red has proclaimed November 26th to be “Connection Day”. By partnering with companies like Amazon, Apple, Boingo Wireless, Condé Nast, Gogo Technologies, JetBlue and Pandora — the day before Thanksgiving — it looks like VZW is setting itself up for a profitable fourth quarter.
The best part? A lot of these deals/promotions are courtesy of Verizon, but available to all regardless of wireless carrier. Some of the collaborations between Verizon and the aforementioned companies include:
- Verizon FiOS: Special mobile access to popular movies and TV shows on November 26, compliments of Verizon FiOS, by downloading the free FiOS Preview app.
- Amazon: Selection of 10 free/discounted apps, plus two free Audible book downloads (new members) or $10 Audible credit (current members)
- Apple: A special offer from iTunes to be revealed on Nov. 26
- Condé Nast: Free Digital Edition downloads of 17 Conde Nast Publications, including Wired, Vanity Fair and GQ.
- Free Wi-Fi: Complimentary Internet sessions through Boingo Wireless (at airports) and Gogo (in-flight).
- JetBlue: Free in-flight Fly-Fi (Wi-Fi) for flights between November 26th and December 31st.
- Pandora Media: Free seven-day trial of Pandora One.
Sounds like a solid ploy to appealing to everyone, not as Big Red, but simply as a wireless carrier. Interesting take, indeed.