What you’re looking at above is what Boy Genius calls the upcoming Blackberry slider. There’s no confirmation if this is real, so get your tin foil hats on. Moving along, this QWERTY slider wouldn’t slide out horizontally like many of HTC’s phones and the Motorola Droid, but would slide out vertically, exactly like Palm’s Pre. There’s no word if it would be exactly like the Magnum/Dakota prototypes which had a touchscreen and a keyboard, meaning that it might get the keyboard but no touchscreen, but we believe it will have a fully capacitive touchscreen. Otherwise here are the specs that are rumored for this device:
- It will run Blackberry OS 6.0.
- It will “100 percent support 802.11n Wi-Fi”.
- The resolution, unfortunately, has not increased, and will stay at 360×480.
- It will have a Bold-like keyboard and slides out like the Pre.
- And lastly, it won’t be a Verizon exclusive — instead it’s a GSM/HSPA device.
But besides the question if this actually exists, the more important question is: Would you actually buy a Palm Pre-like Blackberry with a new OS (hopefully with a better browser), that uses GSM, and looks like a Photoshop of a Bold and Storm 9520 getting fused? In my opinion: Maybe.
Source: Boy Genius Report