The Palm Pixie. That’s the name of Palm’s second WebOS smartphone, the first being the Palm Pre. It will debut at Fashion Week in New York this week. It will have the same operating system as its cousin the Palm Pre, but will be half the price ($99).
The specs, from Engadget, show that the Pixie stand up to its name:
- Dimensions: 10.6×55x111mm
- Weight: 100 grams
- 2.63″, 320×400 capacitive touch screen
- 4GB of internal memory
- Tentative price of $349 before rebates. Our sources are indicating that the target price point is $99 after all is said and done.
- 2MP camera, fixed focus, with flash
- Bluetooth 2.1 w/ A2DP and EDR, USB 2.0 via micro USB
- 1150mAh battery, removable
- SMS, MMS, built-in IM client
- WAV, MP3, AAC, AAC+ ringtones, MPEG4, H.264, H.263 video playback.
So really this is a budget smartphone, not a smartphone.
What carrier it will be on is unknown at this time though, just hope it won’t be on AT&T.